Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Review of Bob and Larry Sing the 80s

Track List:
Gourds Just Want to Have Fun
La Bamba
Everybody Have Fun Tonight
Walking On Sunshine
Footloose
That's What Friends Are For
We Got The Beat
Walk Like An Egyptian
The Power of Love
Don't Worry Be Happy


Following the success of the 2006 release of Bob and Larry Sing the 70s, this new album covering songs from the 80s was released last fall. Since I received my copy several months ago, it has become one of my favorite VeggieTales music albums. The songs are great, and the "veggietized" versions of some of the lyrics are funny.

My favorite song on the CD is probably Walk Like an Egyptian, with That's What Friends are For coming in a close second. Walk Like an Egyptian is just plain wacky and fun, and That's What Friends are For is absolutely hilarious. And The Power of Love is definitely one of Junior's best singing performances ever.

I highly recommend this album. It is a must have for any VeggieTales fan. I give it a rating of 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment